Whether you are a driver or a passenger, carpooling is possible.
Remember to post your departure on Amigo express if you come to the Festival! This will allow you to share travel costs and help reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Every little action counts!
Through its initiatives overseen by the Conseil Québécois des événements écoresponsables (CQEER), the Festival wishes to participate slowly but surely in raising awareness among its partners and festivalgoers of the importance of adopting a responsible attitude toward the environment.
HOW TO BEHAVE RESPONSIBLY TOWARD THE ENVIRONMENT DURING THE JAZZ & BLUES FESTIVAL
- Reuse your plastic cup instead of taking a new one where washable glasses are not available.
- Properly sort waste and recyclable materials when disposing of them.
- Carpool, use public transit, or walk to the shows.
- Fill a reusable container instead of buying a bottle of water.
- Choose local product suppliers.
- Where possible, choose fair trade products that value environmentally responsible production, and that are produced by companies that fairly compensate their employees.
WHAT THE FESTIVAL IS COMMITTED TO:
- Calculate the amount of greenhouse gases emitted by its team, the artists, and the festivalgoers in order to symbolically offset them.
- Choose local product suppliers, where possible.
- Prioritize recyclable materials over non-recyclable materials.
- Provide festivalgoers with recycling and waste devices that allow them to sort their waste.
- Whenever possible, use low-consumption equipment and energy sources (e.g. LED stage lighting).
- Continue to reduce waste by using the 3R principle (reduce – reuse – recycle).